A lot of things to say this month, which is a nice change after feeling dormant for awhile. I wanted to continue the theme of "heart things", since today is the holiday of the heart. A lot of people have very strong opinions about Valentine's Day, but I've always loved it as a reminder to show a little extra love to the people in your life. I've only spent 3 Valentine's Days with significant others, so the day has always been characterized by showing love to my friends, family and coworkers. I miss the days where you'd go and pick out valentines to hand out, excitedly picking themed ones with your favorite pattern/color/cartoon character/movie character. I'd know immediately which ones I wanted to give to my best friends (the biggest one with the best saying) and which ones I'd probably give to the people I didn't get along with very well in class (without being too mean). Throughout my career I still liked to get little valentines for my coworkers, just to brighten the day.
This year I'm without coworkers, but that's ok. I still received lovely texts, sent some of my own, and wore a pretty red shirt.
Happy heart things:
- A St. Bernard puppy named "Garbanzo" exists
- My friend asking me to be background vocals and guitar in live performances of his upcoming album (more on this in a later post, because this is SUPER exciting for me!)
- Running into a local on the street today and getting a potential new freelance gig from it
- Sweet texts
- Excitement, intention and consistency
- Feeling heard
- When a smile gets stuck on your face
- "You Make My Dreams" by Hall & Oates
- Gifts from friends
- New adventures ahead
May you be aware of all of the love in your life today and always, friends. Happy Valentine's Day!
Post a Comment